Saturday, August 1, 2020

Holiday Activities - Fixing Water Butt and Fence gate

Finally after around seven months into the eventful 2020, I finally decided to take two weeks off. I had previously planned to replace my garden fence and to install a water butt. Now finally it is time to do these two jobs.

B & Q has good varieties of Garden Gates. I bought 6ft x 3ft gate worth £80,which is a reasonable and sturdy gate. Also I bought T-hinges and re-used the latches. It was easy to fix ( with the help of Rony), but had to go back again to the shop to buy better wood screws.


Also successfully installed water butt. The Water butt kit had hose connector, washer, nut, flexible hose and rain diverter. I had to cut the drainpipe to fix the rain diverter. The hose connector needs to be fixed on to the top of the water butt. Mark a line on  the drainpipe level with the hose connector and cutout 2.5 cm from the pipe ( draw another line 2.5 cm above the first line to help with this) so that the water wont overflow from the water butt. 


The hope for the next rain :-). I thoroughly enojoyed doing this bit of work and I learned a lot from this.


No comments: